You have to maintain an active subscription in order to be able to use the repository!
My always up-to-date list of optimization fakers out there 🙂
1. Tom Dupuis. A SEO guy from Denver
“Nice” write-up with some valid thoughts, HOWEVER…:
- He bases his .2 ms performance by testing from the same location where he hosts his website. Anyone can do this.
- Has no SSL certificate for his website. SSL is a must these days and it’s a major performance bottleneck. Anyone is fast without it
- Recommends SiteGround shared hosting (oh no!)
- He doesn’t really share why his score is better. I will tell you why. It’s mostly entirely for the fact that he’s not using any external domain components (no Google Analytics, no Google Fonts).
Again, anyone can do what he did, but he’s not sharing that he scores better for these simple reasons and gives a ***load of useless recommendations instead of going down and actually explaining how he did it (as per title).
2. Milan P.
- Sets up clients with yucky overpriced Siteground, just for the sake of.. referral bonus?
- Configured servers send
Vary: Accept-Encoding,Cookie,User-Agentwhich kills caching for proxy servers
Here provides incorrect information about:
lol running turpentine varnish cache from day one – it works just perfect – page cached only once. there are no any limitations
This funny guy has been setting up Varnish for Magento 1 and introducing security vulnerability for years. Because that’s the only way to have first visits cached with Varnish and Magento 1 – to disable XSS protection.