yumupgrades for production use, this is the repository for you.
Active subscription is required.
Operating System and Software
- Rocky Linux
- Red Hat Update Infrastructure (RHUI)
- Yum update in RHUI based clients shows system not registered.
- How to remove registration warning in RHUI systems?
- Disable subscription manager repositories in RHUI based systems.
- The yum command displays warning message while listing repositories in On-demand cloud instances which are fetching updates from RHUI server.
# yum repolist Updating Subscription Management repositories. Unable to read consumer identity This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register. repo id repo name rhui-rhel-8-for-x86_64-appstream-rhui-rpms Rocky Linux 8 for x86_64 - AppStream from RHUI (RPMs) rhui-rhel-8-for-x86_64-baseos-rhui-rpms Rocky Linux 8 for x86_64 - BaseOS from RHUI (RPMs)
How to Fix
The subscription manager plugin must be disabled (change
enabled=0) to remove the warnings as the updates are fetched from RHUI via CDS (Content Delivery Server).
# cat /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/subscription-manager.conf [main] enabled=1
Origin of the Problem
- The Red Hat Update Infrastructure includes components like RHUA (Red Hat Update Appliance) and CDS.
- The RHUA downloads the new packages from Red Hat’s CDN (Content Delivery Network) which gets copied to CDS nodes.
- The RHEL clients intergrated with RHUI receives updates from repositories provided by CDS nodes.
- The RHUI systems need not be registered with subscription manager which generates the warning.
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management.
- Confirm the RHUI client rpm is installed in the system.
# rpm -qa | grep rhui-client*
- CDS URL’s will be used by the repo configuration.
# grep mirrorlist /etc/yum.repos.d/rh-cloud.repo mirrorlist=https://cds.xxxxxxxx.com/pulp/mirror//content/dist/rhel8/rhui/$releasever/x86_64/appstream/os mirrorlist=https://cds.xxxxxxxx.com/pulp/mirror//content/dist/rhel8/rhui/$releasever/x86_64/baseos/os